Business & Corporate Planning
Business Planning is an ongoing process, but it always starts with choosing the right legal relationship. From an idea that needs a new business start-up to a long-term and well established business, the benefits of having an ongoing advisory relationship with a legal advisor can have a tremendous impact on the business and you the owner.
At NC Planning we are here to provide the needed and pertinent advice to position ourselves as part of your business team (business attorney) in order to plan and grow with you and your business. We want to get to know your business and its true needs first so we can implement a proper legal structure now and then build on that knowledge and clean foundation in planning for strategic goals.
As your business changes so will your business planning and we want to be there for you to make sure you can take advantage of those opportunities and prevent concerns to grow and protect your business in the right ways at the right times.
For Dentists, Physicians and Veterinarians
We recognize that running a private practice requires special attention. Our team’s focus on advising and assisting professionals was derived from seeing the challenges that medical, dental and other professionals face. From these experiences, we have gained unique knowledge in these professional industries and practice planning that has become the foundation to NC Planning’s healthcare client model.
Interview with Braden Rawls, CEO of Vital Plan
Braden Rawls is the CEO & Co-Founder of Vital Plan. Vital Plan is a comprehensive wellness solution that provides herbal supplements as well as educational resources to support healthy lifestyle changes. In this video, Braden will discuss how the company got started and what challenges she encountered along the way.
Why is Business Planning Important?
The worst way to start anything is without a plan. Can you make it in business without the proper corporate structure, contracts and legal advice? Sure you can, but the odds are against you. Business planning is the process of setting up the right legal protections for your business to prevent one misstep from turning a great idea, hard work and service into another statistic of business closures.
Some of the typical business planning services we work with our clients on are:
- All aspects of starting a new business and setting up a LLC, corporation or professional entity
- Leases, agreements or other contract review and preparation
- Employee agreements and incentive plans
- Ownership strategies including buy-sell agreements and succession planning
- Business audits to review and issue spot any potential concerns
- Ongoing general counsel services as part of our Client Advisory Services (“CAS”) to become a part of your company’s planning team
Business Planning 101
What’s Involved in Starting a Business?
NC Planning’s goal is about building a long-term advisory relationship. For many the first need or opportunity for our business services comes with starting a new business. Whether you prefer the traditional setting of in-office meetings, secure online communications or other method our business planning process will allow you to see the benefits and ease in planning without the burdens on your time or costs. Our startup formation process typically involves:
- Discussing your business, goals and concerns.
- We ask you questions to gain the background information and discuss potential structure of your business entity.
- We will review and answer questions regarding the elements of entity formation including legal documents needed for structure and protection, tax aspects and elections, ownership and management details. These essentials usually include:
- Corporations-Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, Shareholder Consents, Shareholder Agreements, Stock Certificates, Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Limited Liability Companies-Articles of Organization, Operating Agreement, Members/Owners Consents, Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Professional Practices-Application with Licensing Board, Articles of Incorporation/Organization, applicable entity documents as noted and Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- We prepare your business entity documents as discussed, review them with you and finalize for signature and/or filing with the proper state and federal agencies
- Once accepted for filing we can obtain your EIN or Tax ID Number and complete any remaining documents for you to sign and begin transacting business
- Ongoing review, maintenance and updating based on the changes in your business and law, ensuring compliance with legal requirements of your entity and taking advantage of planning opportunities for growth or business protection
We will be there every step of the formation process and are available to answer questions and make sure your business plan is implemented properly from the beginning.