Lauren Campbell Maxie - Partner
Lauren is one of the few people that can talk about Estate Planning and Elder Law without putting her audience to sleep. She developed an interest in legal planning early in her career and has become a key advisor to NC Planning’s clients. Whether it is drafting a complex estate plan, putting a family foundation in place, or walking a client through the sale of their business, Lauren never breaks under pressure and she always remains a solid source of guidance for her clients. Her passion for providing her clients with the highest level of service and expertise is what makes her such an excellent attorney.
While Lauren is very well versed in the law and most likely recites it in her sleep, she is also upbeat and her motivation to do the best job continually shines through in everything she does. Lauren truly cares about her clients and she strives to create long-lasting relationships with each of them. If she’s not at the office checking off tasks, she can be found conducting educational programs at local companies and retirement communities. She has a desire to educate and make the community aware of the importance of legal planning.
Although practicing law is high on the list of things she loves, Lauren also appreciates her time spent outside of the office. She enjoys spending time with her husband, Chris, and spoiling her niece and nephew as much as possible. As a former theater major, she stays involved by supporting the arts and also by practicing her accents for the whole office to hear (she shouldn’t quit her day job). Lauren never wakes up on the wrong side of the bed and is always spreading her positivity around the office which is just one of the many things that makes her a great person to work with.
Law Licenses & Admissions
- North Carolina
- J.D., Campbell University School of Law
- B.S., University of North Carolina Wilmington
- American Cancer Society, Triangle Leadership Council Member
- Triangle Family Services, Member of Host Committee
Professional Affiliations & Honors
- North Carolina State Bar
- Accredited With Department of Veterans Affairs
- North Carolina Bar Association, Law-Related Education Committee Member and Elder & Special Needs Law Section Member
- Raleigh Chamber of Commerce, Young Professionals Network Vice Chair of Recruitment
- UNCW Triangle Alumni Steering Committee
Awards and Recognitions
- 2018 Business NC Legal Elite Award